Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Mission

I may or may not have mentioned that I'm on a suicide mission this week so I'm going to CF every day. Monday-Saturday. I'm doing this mainly because I'm trying to expedite the slimming process but also because I like being around people and I have a captive audience at CF so it's a win/win. It has been insanely hot this week so the gym has become a steam room of sorts. You know it's hot when you want to go outside when it's 90 degrees to "catch a breeze" that may or may not have been created by the person running by you.

Anyhoo, I went last night and it was a real gem. I thought we were taking a break from legs when I saw that the movement of the day was shoulder presses. I'll be the first to admit that I whiz through them faster than others because I lift barely any weight. I feel that my days of glory with the 30 lb bar are soon going to be over and MP is going to make me be a big girl and use the 45 pounder. Eek!

Once we finished the movement we moved on to the actual workout which was Thrusters and Pull-Ups! Yay for pull-ups! I say this semi-jokingly because it's not that I'm good at the pull-ups, it's that I suck less at pull-ups than push-ups so it's all gravy. We did 3 thrusters and 3 pull-ups, 6 thrusters and 6 pull-ups, and so on until we reached 15 or 18. All in seven minutes.

First off, let me tell you that I had a literal powerhouse of a girl in front of me. It was her second day and she was throwing weight around like Polly does her pet raccoon. I like to attempt to keep pace with everyone else so suffice to say that I was winded by the time the whole ordeal was done. I was a little slow getting my box in place for pull-ups (I do jumping pull-ups since I'm still "perfecting" my movement) so I had to run across the gym for that portion since I didn't get a good spot. I'm pretty sure I had angels leading the way because it was a literal mine field of equipment and things that Sunny likes to trip over. I'm not over my last fall yet so I'm trying to put some space between the injuries. During the pull-up time I was contemplating (aloud) the likelihood of my being physically able to hoist my person sufficiently on the higher bar when I heard MP shot, "This is the 5:30 class! No whining just do it!"

Tom Hanks? Is that you?



Somehow I forgot my multiples of three, skipped 9 and went straight to 12 reps so I had to go back to nine. My set went like this: 3-6-12-9-15. I only made it to seven on the last set of thrusters because we ran out of time and I wanted to kiss that timer square on the screen I was so glad to be done! Being in a class where you are the weakest link will really encourage you to suck it up and hustle through. Being in a class where you are the weakest link will also get you a lot of strange looks but it's all good, everyone sucked at some point.

I was thoroughly drenched in sweat when I left and my legs felt like jello. I considered myself to be completely worked out. Most of the members of my old class have pretty much moved up to the big kid's class so I'll be in good company this afternoon.

The push-ups are coming. I was a smidge "tighter" last night as I was focusing on squeezing everything and keeping that "counter balance" in check. They are a beast, though!

Everyone have a safe and happy memorial day weekend. I know I'll be getting some MUCH needed sunshine!

Adios,
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment