Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Challenge

Hello! It's me! I bet you all thought that I have stopped going to Crossfit and gone back to my donut eating ways. Nope! I've been going strong. With the exception of two weeks ago when I had the cold from hell and only went once, I've consistently gone to Crossfit 5-6 days a week. It's still just as hard and ridiculous as it was before except now I'm actually hearing "Good, Sunny!" and "That's right! Keep going!" whereas I used to hear "That's not it!" and "Get your butt down!"

The workouts are still insane. This morning was Cindy. For those of you who don't speak CFDGA, that's 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats. Repeat. For twenty flapping minutes. Eric actually issued a quasi apology and muttered something like "necessary evil" before we started. You know it's going to be ugly when your coach is apologizing! Dr. Death and I were in a corner together so I did my darndest to keep up with her.

* Dr. D is ridiculously strong and has great form. I am a limp noodle and have mediocre-poor form. She did unassisted pull ups, I jumped off of a block. What I mean to say is that I was doing modified reps to keep up with her prescribed ones! That's nuts!

I somehow squeezed out 13 rounds. After those thirteen rounds were completed I sprawled out on the floor spread eagle in front of the gargantuan fans. I wanted to vomit. Five hours later, I still want to vomit! I mean, that's 390 reps! 130 push ups! Dude!

Here's a shot of me being athletic over there in the corner.

There is no excuse for that leg action.



However, the point of this post isn't to tell you about the workout. We have established that they are all insanely hard and us lunatics are always chomping at the bit for the next one. It's inexplicable! The purpose of this post is to inform my fellow junkies that as of Monday, June 18 I will be self-issuing a 30 Day "Eating Clean" Challenge. We all work so hard but we are slowing our own progress with the food we eat. I came up with this idea after noticing that I'm not really "shrinking" anymore. The first month was really baller. I shed a few inches and felt great. Well, month two is here and I can't tell I've been doing anything! Sure, I'm stronger than I was but I still feel like I look a little bloated and mushy.Someone once told me that I was going to be obese by age 30 if I keep eating like I do so I figure now is as good a time as any to turn this boat around.

Why am I starting this in the middle of the month, you ask? Because I'm going to the beach in 3 weeks and isn't this what girls do? Also, if I'm on the challenge and competing against my fellow Crossfitters, I won't eat so much crap on vacation. In theory. We'll see how that one pans out!

So, for you who want to participate, pick your poison. You can go Paleo or you can just modify your diet to cut out the bad stuff. Whatever you need to do to get it did. Personally, I am going to do Paleo. I will be allowing myself sweet potatoes and the occasional white potato. I will not be eating grains. Yes, you heard me. No grains. No bread, no oatmeal, no nothing.

Once upon a time (last month) I gave up grains for a week or two. Like, I really didn't eat any. And I felt better and I looked deflated. Then I started cheating and I looked bloated again and I felt yuck. So. Moral of the story is: Sunny doesn't do well with the grains. Don't try to change my mind. Ok? I'm trying not to be a chunky monkey here. I'll get my fiber from veggies, thank you very much.

Ok, so. Go weigh yourself, take pictures of yourself, measure... Whatever you want to do to track your progress. If you have pictures, pretty please send them to me or at least let me know your measurements. I would like to do a post around the 15 day mark to track progress. Nothing like a bunch of strangers looking at your fat pictures to keep ya motivated.

Also, sorry I kind of dropped off. Work has been busier than usual and I am going to attempt to start blogging before work so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, go pick your poison and buy your groceries. This is going to be fun!

Winner gets bragging rights and a prize TBD. (To be donated!)


Holla,

Sunny

ps. This does not mean to go home and eat all of the ice cream out of your fridge, by the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment