Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Berries and Cream

This is a recipe given to me by my mother-in-law. She always has the most delicious to eat, simple to prepare desserts and this one fits the bill. This is not, I repeat NOT a paleo recipe. Nor is it healthy. In fact, it will probably send you to an early grave. However, it is as close to heaven as my taste buds have ever come. Of this I am sure. This makes an excellent dessert for a pot luck supper or the holidays when you have many guests and little moolah. Without any further ado, I give you Berries and Cream.

Ingredients:
-1 package cream cheese
-1 medium container cool whip
-1 can eagle brand milk

-1 angel food cake
-2 cups berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)

Instructions:
1. Combine the cream cheese, cool whip and eagle brand milk in a bowl. Mix until well incorporated and smooth.
2. Tear angel food cake into small chunks.
3. In a trifle dish (or large bowl), put a little cream on the bottom, then add a thin layer of cake, then berries. Repeat until it's all gone.

I actually used more than 2 cups of fresh strawberries but that's just because I had them. Fresh Georgia peaches would be a great addition as well. We did not have one smidgen left over from Sunday lunch, either. It's that good!

Now, go make this and eat it. Then go to Crossfit for a week. Without ever leaving!

Off I go-
Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment