Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Carrot Banana Muffins

My first venture into Paleo baking yielded great results. I made these muffins last night and they made my whole house smell like banana bread. They have no sugar and I used almond flour whereas I normally use all-purpose flour in my baking. I did not make this recipe up myself so this is more of a review than anything. I'll link to the original site below.

Carrot Banana Muffins

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups blanched almond flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup dates, pitted
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
  • ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped


  • Directions
    1. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
    2. In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil
    3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl
    4. Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined
    5. Fold in carrots and walnuts
    6. Spoon mixture into paper lined mini muffin pans
    7. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes

    Notes:
    *I found my almond flour at Kroger in the organic section up near the bakery. It came in a 1 lb. bag and it is labeled "Almond Meal". It is expensive so I'm looking into ordering a larger quantity online.
    *I didn't have any sea salt so I substituted with kosher salt and it was fine. I didn't  quite add a whole teaspoon, though.
    *Use your food processor to shred your carrots before you do anything. This will save you mucho time and energy.

    Make these soon. They're an excellent snack or addition to your breakfast. They do not taste like health food! Promise!

    I found this recipe here, she has excellent recipes and they're gluten free! I will be reviewing many more of them, no doubt.

    Happy baking,
    Sunny

    No comments:

    Post a Comment