Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 2

Day 2 went just as well as Day 1. Except on Day 2 I ate breakfast for dinner but it was still within my guidelines. Here's my daily food journal, I figure we'll get it out of the way instead of making an entire post about what I ate.

Breakfast: 2 Sausage Muffins, Chocolate Protein Shake (within 30 minutes of my workout) and Water

Lunch: Leftover Indian Chicken with Spaghetti Squash and 1/2 of a sweet potato that I nuked in the microwave for 4 minutes with a pat of butter. I actually didn't finish my plate, but that's what was on it.

Dinner: 3 sausage muffins with mustard and a glass of milk.

Ok, I was going to lie and leave out the Diet Dr. Pepper Granny got me when we went to the grocery store but in the interest of full disclosure, I drank a Diet Dr. Pepper. There.

I don't know about you guys, but I seriously underestimated my love/addiction for/to bread. Around 3:00 yesterday afternoon I could smell bread in my office. No, there wasn't any bread remotely close to me but I wanted it!

Side story- Last week someone brought donuts into the office. Thinking that it would be funny, my boss brought them into my office and told me to take them on home. Well, having iron-clad will power like I do, I shoved them in the garbage and flattened them. The next day I was having a sugar attack and I remembered the donuts. I dug those same donuts that I'd so fervently smashed into the trashcan out and took a monster sized bite only to find that I'd also thrown a paper towel soaked with windex into the garbage. The windex flavored the donuts. Enough said. Gag.

No, I didn't swallow the donut. I spit it out and could taste my bad judgment for an hour after.

For those of you who are interested, I've been using a website to track my food intake. I like to obsess and chart things, so this is right up my alley. It's called Lose It and you can program it to count protein and carbs in addition to calories. Just go to the settings tab and customize. It's a little tricky setting up foods that you cook yourself but, like I said, I like obsessing over these things so I didn't mind it so much.

I found a website called PaleoMom. She had an interesting article on carb intake. Before I read this article, I was just eating whatever fruits/veggies I wanted. Just this morning I was going to make hash browns to go along with breakfast. Then I remembered this article, googled "carbs in a russet potato" and threw the taters in the TRASH. If I'm limiting my carbs, I'm going to put them to good use! Same thing goes for juice. ONE CUP of Adam's cranberry-grape juice had 31 carbs! THIRTY-ONE!  I didn't even eat that many yesterday!

After just THREE (I ate good on Sunday) days of cutting out the garbage, I can already tell a difference-most notably in my stomach. It looks significantly less fat. Also, my face is less puffy. It could have something to do with the fact that I am drinking an insane amount of water. Before any of you smarties tell me that I need more green in my diet, I went and bought a boatload of the green stuff yesterday so tonight I engorge myself.

Anyhoo, stay strong my fellow losers!

-Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment