Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Overexposed

I have made absolutely no bones about the fact that my new residence is a bachelor pad. I'm talking wood on the walls, wood on the floor, wooden cabinets, wooden furniture... Wood is literally everywhere you turn. Only the doors are painted. Here is a picture of my entry area so you can get a handle on what I'm sayin'.

The ever so adorable poodle is my pup Polly. She was in time out for eating Mommy's razor, a beloved sandle from Loft and mauling a bar of soap beyond recognition.

Here is a less flattering view of the living room to give you an idea of how the living areas are.

I could have helped her out and enhanced some colors, but this is straight out of my Crackberry, so we'll work with what we've got.

Spanning across the front side of the house are three windows and a door with another window to the left of the cranberry front door.

Okay, now that you get the lay of the land, I need some help picking out my window treatments. Seriously, I am in dire straits here. My neighbors have the option of watching me get dressed in the mornings.

I am exposed! Overexposed! I was watching tv in my PJ's the other day when one of my boyhusband's co-workers pulled up into the yard on his GOLFCART. Does he live in the neighborhood? No! Is he within a mile? No! He lives five minutes down the road! I sprinted to the bedroom to put on some jeans and a sweater before he made it to the front door. I thought that I'd gone unnoticed until he said, "I saw you streak across the yard like a cat caught on fire. Didn't have your pants on?"

Ugh. The joys of country living. Country folk don't mince words and they don't spare your feelings!

Also, do you see the windows by the dining room table? See those benches on the back deck? What would I do if someone was just sitting there watching me? I would just die. Absolutely die if I saw somoene sitting out there creeping. Ahh! Needless to say, something has got to go over these bad boys!

Anyway, here's where you can help me. I need to make a decision soon. I've been on the fence for far too long. I'm going to put something over these windows whether it be newspaper, aluminum foil, curtains, blinds, sheets or animal hides. But what do I do?

Do I do shutters? If I do, which color? Wood to match everything else?

Should I go the panel route? I have decided that, should I go this way, I will definitely do cream. However, do I have them just straight down with clips securing them to the rods?
These lovelies are from Restoration Hardware. I wouldn't be purchasing these,
but they would serve as an inspiration.

Or do I do something more tailored, like these beauties?

These were actually found here, at my newest favoritest blog.

Now, I know that these aren't "rustic" but I want something that will bring some feminitity into the space and make it more modern and tailored. I've come to love all of the wood, but it's time to bring some textiles to the party, baby.

The couches are on my list of things to do, but for now, they are clean and newish and they are comfortable for movie watching, so they shall remain. I've got to work with the sage-ish-ness. What do you think? Link me some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment