Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Married Christmas

The season is upon us and I am knee deep in the gift buying/planning phase of the rat race that is Christmastime. I've pinned gifts, written ideas on scraps of paper, scoured sale ads, and just about everything else that you can think of. I'm on top of the gift finding. Now, if money would magically appear in my bank account I could buy my bestie and I matching Hunter boots!

...BofA isn't showing any sudden surplus of money. It must not work that way. Well shoot.

Anyhoo, while making my annual Christmas list for Santa, it dawned on me that everyone who gets married laments the fact that they don't get as many gifts from their parents Santa. Why does this happen? What scrooge made this a rule? Does this mean that my fireside plaid skirt from J. Crew will not be under the tree? Do I not get to pick my favorite things and have them magically show up after I order them myself with someone else's card? What about my stocking? Will it be empty? Am I loved less because I'm married?

I couldn't let those questions go unanswered, so this morning when I dropped off Polly, I had a talk with Santa. It went like this.

Me:"We need to talk. Just because I'm married now and I don't live here anymore doesn't mean that Santa doesn't have to keep up his annual tradition. I figure I'm costing you less, therefore you should have more to give!"

Santa: "Well what do you want baby?"

Me: "Can I get back to you on that one? I need to check Pinterest."

Whew! Thank Bob! I will get my skirt and A will get whatever I tell Santa he needs! All is right with the world!

I write this to restore hope to married girls everywhere. Don't settle for the "Married Christmas" gifts. Tell your mom and dad Santa that you're still their his favorite little girl! Milk it ladies!

Happy Pinning and List Making!

Love,
a VERY good girl

No comments:

Post a Comment