Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Days 6, 7, 8, and 9!

This past weekend wore me OUT. I moved from the Big City to the Tiny Town and attempted to fit four years worth of accumulated clothing, tchotchkes, miscellanous wires and lots and lots of loose change into a U-Haul trailer and move it all into a single bedroom of Granny and Papa's house back home. Boy, are they excited to have me back. I think they've forgotten what it's like to live with me. Stay tuned for the post titled "Homeless," that is sure to come once Granny figures out that it is I who steals her hairspray and socks.

I hadn't intended to pack up my apartment until Friday/Saturday morning-ish, but the discovery of half of an adderall in my old backpack from the days of all nighter's at the library changed my tune. (Note: the fact that I waited until Thursday to even intend to pack speaks volumes of my procastination problem. I was home all week because of the ice/sno storm! I'm so pathetic/ lazy/ pathetic.)

I had 99.9% of my stuff packed in about five hours. I was so proud of myself that I called everyone in my contact list and told them about it (the Adderall makes me even chattier than usual). It was really only ten people though since half didn't answer and my phone is new and the old contacts didn't get transferred.

Friday was the only day of the week that I actually made it into work. The parking lot in my apartment complex was still icey, but I managed not to break anything or anyone and made it safely into work at 10 a.m. and was able to leave a little early. God bless bosses who don't want their already impaired drivers endangering others when the roads refroze that night.

Saturday was a BEAST. The trailer looked big until I got my mattresses and nightstand in. It was then that my helper and I realized that we (read: He. I didn't put a single thing in that blessed trailer.) would have to do some strategic packing. By the end of the day, he was tired, I was tired from watching him, and our cars were both packed to the gills with things that I could kick myself for buying. Except for my Kitchen Aid. I love my Kitchen Aid.

Sunday was the day of worship and job interviews. Wait? What? Job interview? Yes.

I had a job interview Sunday after church at Ruby Tuesday's. Everyone up here in the City laughed when I told them when and where, but I rather enjoyed stuffing my face and talking business. I'll keep you posted on the job status. I kind of need to find one!

I spent Monday with my favorite munchkin (my 11 month old niece Madi) and visited with my Aunt, Uncle, and little cousin who is only 1 month younger than Madi. It was a nice, stress free day. Now Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment