Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

"I hope your commitment to blogging isn't any representation of your commitment to marriage."

I'm back! And I'm sorry! The past few weeks have been busy. And when I say busy I actually mean I've been doing a lot of visiting and busy bodying all around my hometown. You know, I had to get reacquainted and remind my old friends that I'm still alive and well!

A lot has changed since my last post, and a lot has stayed the same too. To avoid ten pages of nonsense, I'll be concise and let you know what I've been up to, what I haven't been up to, and what I'm straight avoiding:

1. My room is basically the same. I've still got things that need to be put away but there's so much of it that it depresses me to look at it so I just ignore it and hope that it will go away on its own. This is actually working out quite nicely. I came home the other day and Papa had shoved all of my miscellaneous junk around the perimeter in my room so that he could walk in and look around (read: he's nosey.) and see what all I've got.

2. I have made amends with my neglected (brace yourself) camouflage mud boots and we've become good friends. It's been raining cats and dogs around these parts and the only thing saving my Cole Haan flats is those boots.

3. I did some hunting stuff with my Helper and I wore my boots. And a camouflage jacket. I don't really like killing stuff but I like being outside, I like dressing the part, and I like him, too. I'm thinking of a new name for him, but he's been extra helpful lately so I'll stick to Helper.

4. Cooking. I've been cooking A LOT of stuff. I'm a frequent visitor of The Pioneer Woman, and I love her recipes so I'm always looking for ways to implement them into my repertoire.

5. You already know that I spent last weekend celebrating the birthdays of these two:



5. I mentioned that I've been cooking a lot more, but I failed to mention the reason why I have been cooking more frequently. It just so happens that all there is to do around here is cook and invite people over. So, that's what I've been doing. A couple of weeks ago my favorite boy and I had invited a few friends over to his house and I cooked for them. I'll post the recipe next. It's super easy and a sure-fire crowd pleaser.

6. I've spent a lot of time looking at stuffed animals.

7. I'm trying to come up with a new name for my blog so shoot me a message if you have any good ideas!

So, that's what I've been doing as of late. I'll be back to my regular posts by tomorrow. Bob willing.

Bye Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment